Internet safety is a high priority in our school.
Through blogging students have the opportunity to learn about appropriate online behaviours in an authentic and supervised setting.
We have taken the following guidelines from Kathleen Morris and Kelly Jordan’s class blog to use with our blog.
- Students’ first names, photos, work, video and school name MAY be included on the blog as per Photo Permission.
- Students’ surnames, address, email address, phone number, specific plans, date of birth and personal information WILL NOT be included on the blog.
- Posts written by students are checked by Kathryn Pollock before they are published on the blog.
- All comments have to be approved by Kathryn Pollock before they are included on the blog.
- Students will be encouraged to comment on other class/student blogs with teacher/parent supervision.
- All students must have parental permission to comment or post on the class blog/other blogs and have their photos, videos or work appear on the blog.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Eg. Please identify yourself in comments as “Jane – Sally’s Mum” rather than “Jane Brown – Sally’s Mum”.
- All comments must be polite, respectful and courteous.
- Others’ work, images, music or videos will not be used without permission and attribution.
- Parents are asked to proofread comments that students write on blogs at home.
Our blog is a collaborative effort. Whilst all comments and posts are moderated, please let us know if you think we have overlooked any breeches in our safety guidelines and we will fix it up ASAP.